Installer Release 5
[June 4, 2003] Bug fix release (5b5_4) of Installer.
Changes in 5b5:
Bug fixes in 5b5_4:
- Fix to Windows --onefile support (extension modules in packages).
- Fix to hooks for new versions of pywintypes and pythoncom.
Bug fixes in 5b5_3 (May 29):
- Fix to Windows --onefile support.
- Fix to code caching upx'd binaries.
- Minor fix to finding Tcl/Tk.
[May 19, 2003] New release (5b5) of Installer verion 5.
- Works with Python 2.3
--onefile always uses a temporary directory (no conflicts between multiple copies)
--onefile cleans up under any but the most extreme circumstances
reload works properly
- Can UPX your executables (and DLLs on Windows), if installed.
- Improved COM Server support from Mark Hammond.
Changes in 5b4:
- recompile if .py file in a package is newer
- fix segfault on Linux / Unix if executable is on the
- fix segfault / access violation on very long script names
- now works on cygwin (modulo some startup warnings that I haven't been able to get rid of)
- other minor bug fixes
- works with .pyw files (or any file extension, including none)
--strip option to run the executable and shared libs through
Changes in 5b3.1:
Fix exceptions bypassing release of import lock.
Changes in 5b3:
- import lock added to iu.py
- reload works in iu.py
- can build with .pyo's
- can run with optimizied flag on
- fixed buffer overflow when using very long script names
- last reference to strop gone
Changes in 5b2:
- Linux: works as Apache CGI (searches for itself in the current working directory, which Apache sets).
- Windows: --onefile executable works in root directory of a drive.
Changes in 5b1:
- ability to exclude from analysis
- by default, include encodings (turn off with --ascii)
Release 5 has been used on Windows (Win32 and cygwin), Linux and Unix (including Solaris on a SPARC machine) across multiple versions of Python (1.5 to 2.2). With some tweaking, the Linux build has been used on Mac OS X.
- alignment issue on RISC machines
- account for dependencies of statically linked extensions
- no longer chokes on scripts not ending in newline
- no longer chokes on bad bytecode
- fix bug that prevented Trees from auto-building
- fix bug in finding binary dependencies on *nix
||Does not include the Windows binaries. Includes all source.
||Includes the Windows binaries. Includes all source. DOS line endings in some files will need conversion if used on *nix.
Please show your appreciation and help fund continued development of Installer by making a contribution. If Installer is contributing to your commercial success, please let your conscience be your guide.
This code is licensed under the MIT license. Please see license.txt. Note that I do
not consider that Installer includes significant portions of itself in the executables it produces, so I make no restrictions on their licensing.
Report bugs (or feature requests, or send patches) here. Please make sure you set Product to
Installer. (If you choose not to become a registered user, please include some contact information in the report itself.) The bug tracker does not send out email, and email addresses are obsfucated in the user list.
Subscribe to the Installer Mailing List to discuss Installer related issues. Having been discovered by the SPAM monsters, you now need to join before you can post (it is a low volume list).